Friday, January 23, 2009

Catching up on events

My first two weeks of school have been pretty hectic, but I am getting the hang of things. I had my first chemistry quiz this morning and I think my hard work studying last night paid off. Things had been a little scary for a while, so it felt good! I am behind my running schedule at the moment, but I will catch up.

I gave Chuck a book about making cheese for Christmas. Big mistake.
We have several blobs of cheese "aging" in the kitchen and fridge now, and he has been acquiring cheese-making accessories. He is also trying to purposely grow bacteria.

He also acquired a free breadmaker and has been experimenting with different bread recipes. Let's just say that some have been more successful than others. While we were out, Lenny decided to take a sampling of some of the slices:
The raisin bread

The whole wheat bread

You might not be able to see it in the picture, but there are two bites out of one of the slices and the rest is untouched. Lenny didn't eat it. And Lenny eats EVERYTHING. Make your own conclusions about the whole wheat bread.


Inauguration! I am totally jealous of my cousins who were in DC for the big day. The two ladies I share a boss with, Helena and Susie, are my Obama buddies. We took a loooong lunch break and went to Nick's to watch the inauguration. (You might remember that Nick's was the little place that Barack Obama happened to stop by during a visit to Bloomington last year.) It was just wonderful. And I loved Michelle's outfits!


A funny recent event - the madrigal dinner. Our friend Rob organized a madrigal dinner at the church where he is the music director and Chuck sang in his choir. Nice tunic and tights!

A birth announcement: congratulations to Wilbur the Snail, proud papa (or quite possibly mama) to the four baby snails in our fish tank!

Chuck has been very busy at IU lately. His conducting teacher has been ill, so he has been filling in teaching for the graduate non-major conducting course. Next week he is doing sectionals with one of the orchestras on Shostakovich 12.

And I have a new best friend - my iPod Touch. (THANK YOU THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!)

I can't even begin to describe how cool it is. It's amazing. You can do anything with it. I call it my "Touchy."

And I am bringing it on our TRIP TO FLORIDA next week! We are all (parents, Annie and John) going down to celebrate my grandfather's 92nd birthday. Happy Birthday Grumpy!!

No comments: