Wednesday, January 09, 2008

O-H-I-O and Obama

Wow, it's been a tough week here for me. Monday night was the college football BCS national championship game with Ohio State playing LSU. We were hoping the Buckeyes could redeem themselves after last year's embarrassing loss to Florida. No such luck. But we still adore Jim Tressel, the coach, and we had a good time with several friends over. In the picture with Chuck and me are Amanda and Renee, both Buckeyes!


Despite the volunteer hours that Chuck and I put in to the Obama campaign while we were in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton squeaked out a victory there on Tuesday night. I made a few hundred phone calls in Strafford county, and Chuck and I canvassed (went door-to-door) in Dover. Both the town and the entire county went solidly for Hillary. But the campaign is optimistic about the next primaries coming up later in the month, so I am trying to keep my chin up. I'm reading Barack's first book, Dreams from My Father, and taking solace in the fact that the woman who asked the question that brought Hillary to tears ended up voting for Obama. His victory speech in Iowa and his concession speech in New Hampshire were amazing and inspiring. YES WE CAN!

So now that all of that excitement is over, I'm not sure what's up next! It's got to be better than Monday and Tuesday, though!

I'll be posting pictures from Christmas vacation very soon.

Update: I just checked the NH Secretary of State's website for detailed election results. Hillary won in all 6 of Dover's wards, but in Ward 3, where Chuck and I canvassed, her lead was by far the smallest. She only won by 14 votes. So I feel like maybe we at least made a small difference! :)

No comments: