Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kelley's Perfect Political World

You already know that Barack Obama has the official endorsement of me and my blog. But now I have picked a suitable running mate for him - another candidate with the politics of hope - Republican Mike Huckabee!

Huckabee is a former governor of Arkansas and a former fat guy. After a health scare, he lost 120 pounds and has even run a marathon. For that reason, I think he probably really understands the obesity epidemic in America and how it is bankrupting our health care system. He is very supportive of arts education in public schools. Also, he's pretty conservative, and his views cover the issues I disagree with Barack on (few that they are). He also seems to be the nicest of the Republicans and most willing to work with people from the other party.

Since both of these men have that quality of unselfish bipartisanship, I think that if/when they win their respective party's nomination, they should pick each other to be their running mates. Obama/Huckabee 08 vs. Huckabee/Obama 08! Obama was on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart several weeks ago and said a lot of nice things about Huckabee, so I can see it happening. :)

No comments: