Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chuck's Birthday

Back on May 9th, Chuck turned 28, and I finally agreed to go with him to the vegetarian restaurant in town, Roots.



The appetizer came out, and it didn't look so bad. Chicken fingers, maybe?



No such luck. It was fried seitan, a wheat gluten product. With a little ketchup, it would have tasted like chicken fingers, though.

Wheat gluten, let me remind you, was the ingredient in all of the pet food that contained the poison and got recalled recently.



I don't even remember what Chuck had now, and looking at the picture, I certainly can't recognize it. The only thing that looked "safe" on the menu for me to order was Thai Curry peanut noodles. Note that the word "Curry" is contained in the title. And this was the SAFEST thing!!! Very scary. The noodles actually turned out to be pretty good, and I even ate the leftovers.

But I don't want to go back any time soon.



My thoughts exactly, Lenny!

No comments: