Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chuck's castle


So this is the Schloss Arenberg, where Chuck will be living this summer while he is in Salzburg for five weeks.

Meanwhile, I will be busy working at new student orientation! I'm thrilled.

Chuck did get a job interview, and if he got the job, it would save me from the onslaught of 300 new students - because we would have to move away from Bloomington. His audition is next week. We don't want to get our hopes up too high, but please keep your fingers crossed for him.

June reminded me that I had not given any running updates lately. Nothing to brag about - last Friday I tried to go running with the dog at our usual trail at Griffy Lake. He was so tired and stubborn that I almost started crying out of frustration. (We had been to the dog park the day before and he wore himself out.) He just wouldn't really run and wanted to stop and pee on EVERYTHING! He's very good at digging his heels in while you're pulling on his leash at the other end. So we only went about one mile, walking and running. On Sunday I went running without him because I was still mad. The trail was really crowded so that made it difficult, and again I only did the one-mile lap. I'm full of excuses this week!

Tonight my friend Gaye is coming with Lenny and me to the trail and we are going to walk. It's gotten really warm again - spring is back!

No comments: