Friday, February 16, 2007

Reviews

For Valentine's Day, Chuck finally agreed to go see "Dreamgirls" with me. The ladies in my office had been planning an outing to go see it, but it closed in our local theaters yesterday, so I had a limited window of opportunity. The verdict: Two thumbs up! I just loved all of their different outfits and Supremes-esque dance moves. But the singing was also really good. It's based on a musical, so if you don't enjoy that kind of movie, you might not enjoy "Dreamgirls," but even Chuck thought it was pretty good. (He cried at the end during the final song! Hee hee!)

And in all of the Buckeye madness, I somehow managed to neglect to blog-review my 2006 pick for Movie of the Year, which was: ROCKY BALBOA! If you are a Rocky fan, you MUST see this movie. My dad's fondness of Rocky rubbed off on me in a big way when I was little, and I was really in a Rocky-inspired mood preparing for my big audition. (The Rocky music is even my ringtone on my cell phone.) Chuck gave me a Rocky t-shirt and I was a big dork and wore it to the movie theater. The only thing I can compare it to was seeing the Star Wars movies in the theater (well, just the third new one) because it incorporated so much of the older movies (1 and 2) but it was ALL NEW!!! And when the theme music started at the beginning, it was just like hearing the big Star Wars fanfare.

So, am I a bigger dork for wearing my Rocky t-shirt, or for comparing my life experiences to Star Wars? :)

No comments: