Monday, February 19, 2007

Grammy review

Well, the Grammys (Grammies?) happened a couple of weeks ago, and we're now almost upon the Oscars, so I feel compelled to give a fashion report. So for all of you who are waiting on pins and needles for my fashion opinions, here we go! I do not claim to be Nina Garcia, but I like fancy dresses, and this is what I thought. (And of course, there will be an Oscars follow-up when the time comes.)
BEST DRESS went to Mary J. Blige, wearing a sparkly gold dress by Michael Kors (the Project Runway judge). She looked fantastic in this dress. I hate belts, but this just looked great, and she won a ton of awards that night. I loved her hair too! She wins my fashion award!




My other picks for best dresses went to Carrie Underwood (the country singer) and to Shakira. Carrie went with the metallic/sparkly trend (not sure who the designer was). Shakira wore Carolina Herrera in a modest (for her standards) red empire waist dress. I would wear that in a second! However, I would never ever be willing or able to wear any of Shakira's other outfits. As she says, "Hips don't lie!"




Jennifer Hudson's outfit was a disappointment for me. She looked amazing at the Golden Globe awards (where she very deservedly won Best Supporting Actress) in the blue dress (though someone needs to iron for her!). But her red body-hugging Roberto Cavalli at the Grammys was not very flattering, in my opinion. The picture is actually at a very good angle.


I was also disappointed with Mandy Moore's outfit. I like her just for the reason that she was born in our old hometown of Nashua, New Hampshire. But this dress was a loser.


Another well-dressed starlet worth mentioning is Scarlett Johansson, wearing Monique Lhullier. And the reason she is worth mentioning is because she is going to play my character when Hollywood makes a bio-pic about Chuck, once he's a world-famous maestro. If she's not available, I'd settle for Sandra Bullock. :)

And who did Chuck pick to play himself? Neil Patrick Harris. AKA Doogie Howser, M.D.

Not Brad Pitt, not Tom Hanks...Doogie Howser.

So feel free to write to me and let me know which celebrity you'd like to have portray you in the movie, or if you have casting ideas for other people in our lives. It will of course have a limitless budget, so pick any celebrity you want. :)

No comments: