Friday, September 29, 2006

Link to Lenny!

Okay, I admit it. I'm a little jealous. There are all sorts of dogs with their own blogs out there, many of which I am a devoted fan. They all seem to have many more readers, and receive many more fun comments, than my blog! I think the key is that they are actually "written by" the dog.

So, as a publicity stunt, I have invited Lenny to be the guest blogger on "Link to the Latshaws" today, to gauge the public's reaction. So, without further ado, here is our dog laureate!


Hi everyone! First I'd like to give a bark-out to my two of my favorite cyber-space wire fox terriers, Butchy and Snickers from Iowa! Butchy mentioned me on their blog today - apparently some of Kelley's previous postings made Snickers a little uncomfortable, so I apologize on my human's behalf.

Butchy and Snickers' mom has her own dog clothing business. While I am not a big fan of wearing clothing myself, I must admit that Snickers is especially lovely in this outfit. Kelley says these outfits would put the Project Runway dog designs to shame! Here are some more from her store.

Walter, if you're reading, I think you should get a camo shirt and go hunting with Jeff! You can find the store, Snitchybug designs, here.

Some of our other favorite blogs are by wire fox terriers Axel, Fee, Mango and Party, Bogie, and Mackie. Axel is the one who started the whole dog blog craze in the fox terrier crowd. Mango, Party, and Fee live all the way in Singapore, and are pictured at left. If you like Airedales (I am frequently mistaken for an Airedale, so I know they are a very nice-looking breed), check out Miss Sunshade's blog - she's from Canada and one hot mama! (I like big bitches.) :)

Speaking of Project Runway, I was sleeping curled up in Kelley's lap while she was watching it this week. (Editor's Note: GO MICHAEL!) A Macy's commercial came on, and there were two wire fox terriers on it!

I am enjoying being anthropomorphized online like my WFT buddies, but I don't have much more news to share. So I will express my writing skills in this haiku, featuring the true extent of my vocabulary, for your enjoyment.

Get it! Bath - Cookie
You want to go in the car?
Belly rub - High five!

Wait - Give me a kiss
Go to the park? For a walk?
Doggie - Say cheese - Treat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lenny,
You need to sneak onto the computer and blog more often, hehehe! You know it's a terrier rule that we have to blog to keep each other up to date on things going on in this hooman world! Snickers feels much better knowing that they only have the deep fried Snickers in Indiana. So don't let them come here to Iowa, tee hee! Thanks for telling the other doggies about Mama's dog clothing. That was very nice of you buddy! Keep up the blogging!!!
Wirey Hugs!
Butchy & Snickers

Charlie Kelley-Church said...

Found your site via Butchy & Snickers. You should join the Dogs with Blogs group
http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/

I think our state fair had deep fried candy also. I don't usually go cause they don't like dogs.

C-K-C

Sunshade said...

Hey hey Lenny, I love little wiry men..... Mackie is my lover boy did you know that?? He has a special page just for me!!

Very lovely haikus I must admit, you are a true terrorist.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Kelley - whoa, guess that flute master class isn't taking up enough of your time. And we thought I was the crazy one in the family. HAHA. Just kidding. Lenny, the narrative is good but I wouldn't quit your day job for the poetry thing. Hope your leg is doing well. Smitty says meow (hello). Love you!