Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Headaches are over!

I had a series of three migraines recently, I think probably due to stress. Luckily, I've been good for a while now, and the literal and figurative headaches are over! Chuck is returning triumphantly from his audition up in M*ch*g*n today - it sounds like it went very very well. He'll find out whether or not he got the job in November. The three other candidates still have to audition, but apparently some of the board members were joking that they should cancel them, because they like Chuck so much! Probably a good sign. :) I know that the three others won't be able to live up to Chuck's charm, abilities, and of course dashing good looks! And now the big stressful events are over for a while, hopefully.

I did find some interesting facts out about Holland. Besides having the largest pickle factory in the world, the town is the birthplace of the geeky website slashdot (Chuck reads it daily) and of the "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?) bracelets.

I found some cool websites today (slow day at work!). One was www.iloveasta.com, a tribute to Hollywood's famous fox terrier. The other was Cardinal O'Malley's (of Boston) blog of his trip to Italy. It's funny and very interesting! Here's an excerpt (from cardinalseansblog.org):
"On the island of Martha’s Vineyard we have a lovely Church, St. Augustine’s. There are in the Church lovely stained glass windows depicting the seven Sacraments. The first window one sees on entering the Church is that window representing the Sacrament of Penance. On the window there are the keys symbolizing the power to loose and bind, a priestly stole and the words: “Go and sin no more.” But in the summertime, when it is very hot, they open the windows to allow some air to circulate. However, the part of the window that opens is the part where the word “no” is written. Then what people read on the window is: “Go and sin more.” I never heard of any complaints. (lol)" There are some really beautiful pictures of Rome on the site also.

Lenny got to sleep in the "big bed" with me while Chuck was gone. However, at about 2:30 each night, he decided he didn't like it and woke me up to tell me so. Last night he just wanted a belly-rub and he had the nerve to wake me up! I'm a little cranky today due to my lack of sleep.

I am getting to play more! I will be performing on two new music concerts coming up soon - one this weekend. I am also really enjoying flute class and getting inspired to play!

1 comment:

Sunshade said...

This msg is for Lenny!!

Hey Lenny, good for you for taking over the alpha male role at home, you made us "terrors" proud!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I'm glad you liked it. I hope your knee is ok now??

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade