Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The weekend


We are still recovering from the big celebration last Tuesday. Here's to making history!

On Saturday, we did a "Meet the Instruments" session at Wonderlab, the local children's science museum. We got a write-up in the student newspaper (I was misquoted) and no one touched my flute. I was happy.

Then that evening, we went bowling!


The animal shelter sponsored a fun bowling event for all of the volunteers. I went to my volunteer orientation session a few weeks ago, but I haven't been scheduled for dog-walking yet! I think there was just a little email mix-up. We went bowling anyway. :) And for the record, Chuck and I both are far superior bowlers to Barack Obama. I bowled a 73; Barack bowled a 37 before the Pennsylvania primary!

I also seemed to have a lot more free time this weekend, since I didn't have buttons to make or political websites to check obsessively. I still can't believe it's over. It's also strange to not WEAR a button anymore. Really nice people used to stop me all the time to tell me that they liked my button and were really excited about Obama. All kinds of people - men, women, black, white, young, old - random strangers who I would probably never have any reason to speak with otherwise. I will miss that friendliness. But maybe having Obama in the White House will unite Americans and make us all a little more open to each other, under his leadership and inspiration!

No comments: