Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bloomington Obama Rally

Last Wednesday, Barack Obama came back to Bloomington for a big rally in Assembly Hall (the same place where the Dave Matthews concert was and where we saw the Dalai Lama last year).


My friend Pam hooked us up with great seats, overlooking the stage. There were 13,000 people there, though some reporters said up to 17,000.


The rally was really fun. I enjoyed it a lot more than the town hall meeting in Columbus. Maybe it was because I was more relaxed because I knew I wasn't on TV!

Apparently, Rob Riggle from The Daily Show was there, but I haven't found any clips of him online.


So I am glad that everything is finally winding down, and still can't believe that Indiana matters so much. Unfortunately, I think Hillary is going to win by about 6 points here.


The good news: Bloomington will help Obama - a lot. The campaign has been doing a great job getting IU students to vote before they left after final exams. USA Today reported that "The heaviest absentee voting has come from the Bloomington area, where Indiana University is located, and where 12.5% of the county's 77,343 registered voters have already cast ballots."


I voted back in April, and Chuck voted yesterday. He had to wait an hour and a half in line.


Fired up and ready to go!

GO OBAMA!

No comments: