Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dave Matthews concert

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately. The problem is that all of my free time is going to running and volunteering for Barack Obama. I have been working for the campaign several days a week.



It all started to pay off on Sunday. I got VIP tickets to the
DAVE MATTHEWS CONCERT! He was performing a free show in support of Obama at IU's Assembly Hall.


People had lined up for hours outside of the Obama office to get tickets. At one point, there were 2000 people lining the street.

We got almost everyone to register to vote! The city office is overwhelmed with all of the thousands of new registrations, just from the Obama campaign. We did a great job getting people registered before the deadline on Monday. I myself spent several hours at the YMCA registering people - including a felon! I learned that they are eligible to vote in Indiana. Exciting.


On Sunday morning, people started lining up at 8 a.m. for good seats (the show started at 7 p.m.)


I went with my friend Pam from the Obama campaign, who complained that she was the only person with white hair at the concert, but loved every minute of it.

I admit, I felt pretty old too. Apparently I have not kept up with DMB in the past decade or so since high school and college, and I only knew three of the songs they played...

It was really fun, though.





Our mayor spoke. He is an Obama supporter and spoke at the headquarters opening. I also saw the new IU basketball coach, Tom Crean.

It was a very exciting evening. Hopefully there will be an event with OBAMA here soon!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I have noticed you haven't been blogging as much lately. There is NO excuse for that! Just kidding. Looks like a fun concert. How awesome you got tickets!

Sophie Brador said...

American politics are just so much more exciting than Canadian politics. First problem is that our campaigns only last about 6 weeks and everyone is so quiet about who they support. I'd love to see someone step up and play a concert in support of a candidate here. Mind you, I'd like to have a candidate worth supporting here.

Anyway, that's too much political talk for a dog ;-) I am going to be 9 years old on May 31. I can't believe you're 10!

xo
SB