Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My weekend

I did it! I ran my 10K. After about 5 miles, I think I "hit the wall" as they say, but I managed to shuffle on to the finish line, without stopping to walk. I've never run that far before - 6.2 miles! It felt fantastic when I finished. It took me 1:16:53. Only 60 days left to go until my half-marathon.

I had a very fun but busy weekend. Friday night, Charles and I went to hear the ISO with our friend Renee, and then went out for dinner afterwards. I stayed up in Indy at Renee's apartment because the race started at 8 a.m. the next morning. Luckily, I did not get lost this time.


After my race, I drove out to Columbus, Ohio for the big Get Out the Vote effort for Barack Obama. We're not supposed to really blog about it, but it's not really any secret that we were canvassing and handing out get-out-the-vote materials. It was actually a lot of fun. There were so many volunteers there, both from Ohio and from other states. I think Hillary has the edge in Ohio, but we'll see how the results come in tonight.

No comments: