Thursday, December 06, 2007

Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis 5K

Last weekend, I drove out to Columbus, Ohio, to run in the Jingle Bell 5K for Arthritis. My friends Jen and Pete ran the race with me! All three of us are relatively new to running, but Pete is a very fast runner now and Jen has run a 10K! I am the slow-poke of the bunch.

It was a fun race because there were really a lot of people, and the race went down High Street, through downtown, and into German Village. Everyone tied little jingle bells to their shoelaces. It was pretty cold too!

It was my third 5K, running the whole way, and I finished one second faster than the Turkey day race. Jen was nice enough to jog at my slow pace with me the entire way.

And since the race was raising money to help fight arthritis, people could run in honor of someone with arthritis and pin a little sign to their shirt. My best buddy with arthritis is Lenny, so I ran in honor of him.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Nathan, the kids, and I were in Columbus all last weekend too. I even saw something on the news there about the 5K. If I knew you were there I would have come watched you or at least tried to visit a little. What a bummer! We went and stayed with Nicholas and Jessica for the weekend just for fun. I totally wish I knew you were there too. Oh well. Maybe next time!