Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our new TV!

Well, the old TV died, just before Project Runway's premiere and the Michigan game. I was not happy. So thanks to my parents for sending birthday/Christmas money a little early, we got a sweet new TV! We ordered it during the big post-Thanksgiving sale from Target. (Thanks Mom and Dad!!!)

It is a 32" HD LCD Olevia TV. It's pretty cool.

I don't know if I mentioned that our horrible landlords turned our cable off (this is currently in dispute), but we actually get a few channels without the cable. Two of them are public television.



We have been watching more movies from Netflix, and the first thing we watched on the new TV was "High Society" starring Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra. It was great! It is a re-make of "The Philadelphia Story" as a musical, and Louis Armstrong and his band are in the movie, loosely in the plot, and perform at various intervals.

I've been on a Grace Kelly kick lately and also just watched "To Catch a Thief," a Hitchcock movie that I enjoyed a lot as well. Cary Grant is also in that one. I love watching old movies from the 40s and 50s just to see all the glamorous dresses that the women wore - at ALL times!

No comments: