Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hello Dalai!

The Dalai Lama himself is coming to Bloomington this month, and Chuck and I are going to see him! We just got tickets for a speech he will be giving in IU's Assembly Hall called "Compassion: the Source of Peace."

You might know that Bloomington is home to a Tibetan Cultural Center. It was founded by the Dalai Lama's oldest brother, who taught at IU for many years and still lives in Bloomington.

Bloomington also is home to not one, but TWO Tibetan restaurants. We have been to one of them. Chuck ordered tea with yak butter. Guess what I thought of the food...

Anyway, we are very excited about hearing His Holiness speak!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love corny blog titles -- they're so clever! And once you think of one you just have to use it.

Anyway, what was Walter's former name? I thought SKippy belonged to Lenny, so I voted for Chester...Was I right?

Jen