Friday, October 12, 2007

5K tomorrow

I am a little bit irritated with my iPod. You may notice on the right that it says I ran 0.51 miles yesterday. This is completely incorrect. I actually ran about 3.5 miles, but when I hit the button to hear my "power song" (Gonna Fly Now from Rocky) it decided to cancel my workout instead, and not record it. I was MAD!

It's also frustrating because I set my running goals on nikeplus.com, and if it doesn't record my miles, it gets me behind on reaching my goals by their deadlines.

Anyway, tomorrow is the Jill Behrman Run for the End Zone 5K, for which I am the team captain of the Jacobs School of Music team. My goal is to run the entire way without stopping - it will be my first "complete" 5K ever! I am feeling good because on Wednesday I ran 3.8 miles (5K is only 3.1 miles) and yesterday I actually ran the course for tomorrow's race. It is a little more hilly than I expected during the first 3K - I am used to running in the woods on relatively flat trails, so the hills will be my biggest challenge. I will post victorious pictures after the big event.

No comments: