Monday, September 03, 2007

He's home now!

I'm so glad Chuck is home now.
(Within a matter of a half an hour of being home, he had fixed my computer, so I am back "online!")
Lenny was really glad to see him too - we were surprised he reacted so much! He wouldn't stop "kissing" Chuck when he came in through the door, and he was jumping up and down. Maybe he smelled the Mozart chocolate balls in Chuck's bag....

Actually, Chuck's luggage didn't arrive until Thursday night at 11:30 p.m., so I didn't get to see all of his fun souvenirs until then. I am going to miss reading his travel blog, but I think we'll try and have it printed somehow.

Besides the computer, I also managed to do something to the coolant-stuff in my car, and the battery of the Roomba, and the automatic shower-cleaner thing, so it's nice to have my fix-it husband back for that too. :) I did manage to keep Shrimpie alive and healthy, and even growing. He molted while Chuck was gone!

It's Labor Day, but my boss asked me to come in and work today. I'm a little tired, but that's fine - I bank an extra day and a half off for coming in today, which I am going to use in October. I'm flying out to Connecticut to see my sister and go dress shopping for the wedding! Yesterday, we went over to our friend Amanda's for a little BBQ with her fiance Aaron, who was visiting from Minneapolis. It seems like he really likes his new job up there with Target. Their wedding is exactly two weeks before Annie's next summer - it will be a busy June!

It's nice to be relaxing now that the audition pressure is over - I'll let you know when I hear results. And I am really enjoying my new job! My first few big projects are over - I created a website and had to prepare a bunch of material for the big teacher/studio/registration meeting. Now I'm working on collecting and organizing the materials for our 5 professors who are up for tenure and/or promotion.

The next big thing coming up is Chuck's Bloomington Symphony concert - the Symphony ARRRGGGGHHHestra children's concert, featuring "pirate" music. I'm working on finding him an eye patch to wear, and maybe a hook to conduct with.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I totally reccommend blurb.com for printing out Chuck's travel blog. I am currently using it to save and eventually print out my blog. It is a great program and it isn't very expensive at all. I'm glad you're back online!