Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Lunch


Last Friday, the Jacobs School of Music had a little staff recognition luncheon. We have over 100 staff members! The Dean spoke and also mentioned that the Second Annual JSoM Staff Halloween Contest is ON!! I feel like I have left my mark at IU and started a nice tradition.

Everyone was a little bit grouchy because seating was assigned. Usually everyone sits with their friends or just their own office colleagues. We had to do "team-building" exercises so that the event would qualify to be sanctioned by the University, which apparently meant that any prizes/gifts given out would be tax-free. What a relief.

I didn't get a prize, but everyone got a nice Jacobs polo shirt. The best part about my table was that I met another Buckeye! There is a girl named Katherine who just started working in the Admissions Office - she just got her masters at Ohio State!

And today, Chuck had lunch with Leonard Slatkin, who is in residency here at IU for a few weeks. I believe starting next year, he'll be full-time faculty. Apparently he was impressed with the idea of Chuck's Pirate Concert in the mall with the Bloomington Symphony Orchestra (which was a big success, by the way). Yaarrrrggghhh! I hope to have pictures of Captain Chuck doing the Pirate Dance soon to post here.

No comments: