Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What's going on

Sorry to interrupt the trip narrative, but I thought I would give a report on how I'm doing with Chuck in Austria.

I am sad to report that the clown fish has died.
I was very good about feeding him, and he was just fine when Chuck left. Somehow he got really sick and deteriorated every day. I knew the day before he died that he wasn't going to make it through the night.
Chuck said I didn't do anything wrong, but I feel bad. He also said that one of the operas there in Salzburg has clownfish in the staging and as props. Weird!

It's been a bad week for pet care - I also messed up Lenny's allergy shot. I managed to poke the needle completely through the fold of his skin, and it squirted out the other side, rather than in to his body. And that was the last dose in the bottle of serum - the new one hasn't arrived yet. So he's a little itchier than usual.


I went and saw the Simpsons movie without my husband. He claims to not want to see it, but I think that he would like it. It was pretty good! I also rented "The Sound of Music" to see some of his scenery there. :)

But the big good news is that I have a new job! I had a series of interviews this Friday and Monday, so I've been a little distracted from everything else. (I apologize to everyone about my weekend cell phone blackout!!)

I will still be working in the Jacobs School of Music. I will be moving upstairs in the same building (no more basement!!) to one of the Dean's offices. I will be the only one there in the office, and it has a huge window, and I will be making more money. All very good things. Rather than working with the students all the time, I'll be working with faculty members on tenure/promotion issues and I'll have more long-term projects.

With new student orientation coming up in three weeks, it throws my office into a little bit of a tailspin, so I'll still be helping out for a little while. Just about everyone has been very happy for me and very supportive.

2 comments:

Charles L. said...

Hooray for Kelley! I'm very proud of you and supportive, too.

Hooray for a window!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job, Kelley!