Monday, April 30, 2007

Beethoven Weekend

This weekend Chuck and I spent a lot of our time in Columbus for the CIP Beethoven 9 concert. We were there all day Saturday for the dress rehearsal and then the concert. Chuck was singing in the choir and had a great time. He was also the designated flower-bringer-outer at the end of the concert for the soprano soloist. I was playing piccolo. The thing about Beethoven 9 is that the piccolo only plays in the very last movement, and not until pretty late in the movement. So the entire orchestra has been playing together for maybe 40 minutes, while the piccolo player sits there, counting and waiting for the little solo in the Turkish march. It's difficult to stay "warmed up" that long and to come in quietly enough and in tune. So I felt good to have a successful performance of that under my belt. It was my first time performing any part of the symphony, so it was a great experience.

Most of my Sunday was spent trying to get a clean apartment back. Our friend Peter (Indiana Peter, not Columbus Peter) is staying with us Thursday night, and the apartment was looking pretty bad. Also, on Sunday, May 6, we are celebrating Chuck's graduation and 28th birthday with a BBQ! Please come join us! (This is a change from our original party date of May 5th, because Chuck has ANOTHER interview - this one local - so we had to move things around.)

I haven't been running all weekend due to all of this, but Lenny and I are going today after work.

No comments: