Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Welcome back

We are back from Spring Break. Chuck had a very successful week at his conducting workshop in Bowling Green, Ohio. He also got to visit our family in Toledo. This is a picture of him conducting the BGSU orchestra under the guidance of Gustav Meier.

Chuck also had another celebrity moment while he was there. Someone from Japan recognized him, and told him that he had watched all of his conducting videos on Youtube!

My week didn't start off very well. About fifteen minutes before I got to leave work on Friday, I found out that I got a big fat DENIAL on my PD application here at IU. The admissions director came up to me this morning to tell me that there was very little space in the flute studios, and only about 4 people total (for 2 studios) were accepted. That made me feel a little better, but of course I am still disappointed. But I was lucky to have my trip to New Hampshire to relax and get over the bad news.

I had a great time relaxing with Mom and Dad, and we drove down to Providence, Rhode Island to have lunch with my sister Annie. She just got some great news - she will have a job interview for the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the Yale Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut. Go Annie! Just two months until graduation! Chuck and I will be flying back in May to attend her graduation ceremony.

I was hoping to see some presidential candidate action in New Hampshire - my current favorite, Barack Obama, was in town one day for two events, but the closer one to us got snowed out. We had a big storm with about 8 inches of snow. I'm reading Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope," and so far think it's great.


We ended the week with a trip to the "TD Banknorth Garden" (Boston Garden) for some college hockey. The Hockey East finals were between UNH (Mom and Dad's favorite team) and Boston College. UNH went in to the game ranked number one, but BC beat them pretty soundly, 5-2, which was pretty disappointing. We had a great time at the game though. We were in the sixth row, so we could see all the action. It was also St. Patrick's Day, and everyone in Boston was in a very festive mood. It was a lot of fun.


Mom and I did a lot of fun shopping, including a trip to the Nike store. I am ready for running! I have started jogging again, now that it is light out longer and a little bit warmer. We even took Lenny back to the dog park yesterday (74 degrees out!) for the first time this year. He did great! He didn't end up limping, and he ran around like a fool, chasing big dogs and barking at everyone. It was really great to see him back to his old self.

No comments: