Monday, February 05, 2007

Congratulations Colts!


We had a busy weekend. The CIP had a concert on Saturday night, featuring a tribute to Frank Sinatra. Chuck didn't conduct, but he will be conducting on the next CIP concert, in March. I'm playing piccolo in the two CIP concerts after that one - including BEETHOVEN 9! I also got a local Bloomington gig at the end of February, so things are going alright for me.

When we came home from the concert Saturday night, we found Lenny curled up on the couch. He won't sit on the couch while we are home unless we actually pick him up and put him on it; I think it's just a show so we will trust him while we are out...Busted!! He had rearranged all the pillows to make himself comfortable.

I am feeling a little less confident about my chances at IU - I don't think I'm going to hear anything until after all of the auditions are over in March, so I've stopped holding my breath.

We started our chamber music coachings with the flute professor this weekend. It's tough because I feel like I'm still auditioning, every time I see him! And since I don't have a lot of time to practice, my chops aren't in great shape and I don't sound fantastic. I'm a little frustrated, but it was a good coaching.



We spent Super Bowl evening at our friends' house, the Matravers-Keenes. They have a NEW 50" high-def flat screen TV - it was pretty cool! And of course, everyone was thrilled that the Colts won. It was not as exciting as a Buckeye victory, but people were setting off fireworks in Bloomington as I was going home.

Next weekend, Chuck has an ad hoc! The conductor who was supposed to have it got a little too overwhelmed, so Chuck is filling in for him. I was kind of relieved before when I thought the ad hocs were over - but no such luck. So I am on pizza and Rice Krispie treats duty this weekend, in addition to playing. He's doing Tchaikovsky's Second Piano Concerto, and Carmen Suite #1 by Bizet. (There's a big flute solo in the Bizet!) So this week will be full preparing for that.

No comments: