Thursday, March 23, 2006

Superheros

I finally finished the doll clothes I've been trying to make for my niece and nephews and they finally made it out there to them. And it looks like they just about fit! I was relieved. As you can see, there are several superheros - Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Jedi (in front), and a Maestro in a tuxedo (like Uncle Chuck).

The kids are fans of the book "Arturo's Baton" which features Arturo, the conductor, and his dog, who finds his lost baton just in time to save the concert. But when they read the book, apparently Arturo is "Uncle Chuck" and the dog is "Lenny." "Aunt Kelley" gets to be the maid!

I am taking a Continuing Studies class on Tuesday nights - there are three classes, and I went to my first one this past Tuesday. The subject? THE BEATLES! The class is taught by one of the faculty members here who teaches a semester-long Beatles class. He is AMAZING! I thought I already knew a lot about the Beatles, but the class was fascinating. I am really excited about it.

Lenny continues to improve. He is trying to walk on his leg more than he is hopping with it held in the air. He will even sit (lopsided) on command. He is not being very cooperative about going outside - we got a few inches of snow a couple of days ago, and he doesn't like walking on it.

Rehearsals for Chuck's ad hoc concert started last night. It went well, but they are in serious need of some more string players. Chuck has left the recruiting up to the soloists, and they are not quite up to the task. I think Chuck will have to bite the bullet and start begging people to play on Sunday.

No comments: