Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Furry fashion

The Project Runway finale is TOMORROW NIGHT!! I can't wait. I have a big prediction: SANTINO is going to win. The big bad guy. My reasoning? Last week, the show revealed a "sample" outfit from each of the three collections (Santino, Daniel V., and Chloe) - and Santino's was by far the best. The other reason was that while the "reunion" special focused on what a mean guy Santino was and all of the "mean" things he said about everyone else on camera (he was pretty funny), this episode showed him with his best friends, who helped him up from nothing to follow his dreams of being a designer, at their home where they let him live because he was broke. Cue the family's kids climbing all over "Uncle Santino." It was totally to build audience sympathy for him. It totally worked on me!!

The barkslope.com blog (from the website where Walter was "Mr. November") has the following headline today: Pet Fashion Week hits Manhattan! Obviously, they need to start a "Project Runway" show for pets. Walter could be a model on the show (haute-dog couture?) Lenny could after his hair grows back in and he's not limping, but I don't think he'd have any interest in the catwalk. Unless cats were actually out there too.

Tonight Chuck and I are driving up to Indianapolis to watch a dress rehearsal for "The Marriage of Figaro" by the Indy Opera. Chuck is taking an Opera Management class with the director, so the class was invited up to see the production.

The other interesting thing going on this week is the auditions for potential IU instrumental conducting students. I got to go to see a few yesterday, and it made me really queasy! I was nervous for everyone, remembering what Chuck had been through in the past few years, and what he will face in the future. I thought he was much better than everyone I saw audition, but I don't make the doctoral admissions decisions. Mr. Effron is still not giving him a straight answer about it either; Chuck's hoping to talk him into an assistantship for next year if he'll be a third-year masters student.

Lenny is still recovering well. Last night he got out of bed and wandered into the kitchen while we were making dinner, just in case we would drop something. A very good sign that he is getting back to normal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Your dad is awsome.