Friday, February 24, 2006

Poor Lenny!

Doggie Daycare didn't go too well for Lenny. Ever since he got home, he's been hobbling around on three paws - he can't put any weight on one of his back legs. The daycare people didn't notice if he got into a scuffle with another dog - I didn't witness anything on the doggie cam the times I looked - and there's no visible cut or injury. But it's two days later and he's no better yet, so he's at the vet today. I did think it was weird that for about the second half of the day, Lenny was just standing completely still on the doggie cam, instead of running around barking his head off like he usually does. So much for playing with the big dogs!

Chuck just called to report that the vet called him after checking out Lenny. (By the way, this is just some random new vet that we've never met, at the same place he always goes.) Something happened to the tendons in his knee. They are going to do X-rays... Apparently tendons may not even show up on the X-rays, but if they are way out of whack the bones will be in the wrong place. Best case scenario (which I think will probably be the case, just from observing Lenny) is that he gets a bandage and doggie Advil and painkillers. Worst case - doggie surgery. Oh boy.

At least his skin still looks good!

The Camerata rehearsals started last night. I didn't have to talk to the whiny girl much - but I was nice and offered to carpool with her. (The most irritating thing was that, despite how much she wanted to play the principal part, she didn't bother to practice the music ahead of time, which was rather obvious.) Rehearsal was fine, except I have a few REALLY HIGH exposed parts on the piccolo that are just painfully loud and very difficult to get out, much less play in tune. I also found a "leak" in my piccolo, so I have to play with special fingerings to make a few notes work. We have rehearsal again tonight and tomorrow afternoon, and then the concert on Sunday.

No comments: