Monday, February 27, 2006

Lenny update

OK, don't worry Mom, I'm not really putting a donation jar on my desk. I was just kidding.

The concert went fine this weekend, and the lady who runs the orchestra thanked me for how I handled "the situation." I hadn't mentioned anything to her about it, so the flute teacher must have told her (I am glad!). I just thanked her for having me play.

We consulted with Chuck's orthopedic surgeon brother and my dad, and they both said that surgery is not always necessary when ACL injuries happen to people. But we decided that Lenny is still going to go through the surgery - we just don't have an alternative. There's no way he could be as active and happy as he was before without going through it.

The funniest part of the weekend was when I put on my running shoes, and Lenny hobbled over to his water bowl and started drinking, and then stretching his good legs, like he does when he goes running with me. It was kind of sad too. When he tried to put weight on his bad leg so he could stretch his other back leg, he almost fell over!

No comments: