Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let it snow!

It's currently freezing rain here in Bloomington, but we're supposed to be getting six inches of snow this afternoon. Unfortunately, Chuck's youth orchestra concert tonight might get cancelled, so I STILL won't be able to hear them. With the weather changing I have been really sick with the old cold and flu combination for the past several days, but after consuming vast quantities of coffee ice cream I am starting to feel better.

Chuck is continuing his favorite Advent tradition - he is in his annual "I'm growing a beard and going vegetarian" phase. This will continue until Christmas day. He's been eating a lot of peanut butter and tofu.

Lenny is having an exciting week. He discovered where I hid the Christmas presents and goodies in the closet, and got a rawhide bone and Chuck's Reeses Peanut Butter cups I had hidden in the bottom of a huge bag. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to eat probably 20 of the little peanut butter cups, foil and all. That did not have pleasant results for anybody. He's also going back to the vet on Monday for the first time since starting his allergy shots, but only for a checkup - things are still looking very good. He's also getting his hair cut on Saturday morning.

Congratulations to my dad, who went hunting this past weekend and got his first deer! It even has big antlers, apparently, which someday will adorn a wall in my parents' house. I have been good and not protested this because they are very excited about it. I have not seen the photographs yet. I don't think they're appropriate for blog purposes, from what it sounds like.

This just in: the freezing rain has changed to snow!

No comments: