Thursday, November 17, 2005

A big day for IU School of Music

Today was a big day for the IU School of Music - it received $40.6 million from the Jacobs family (as in Jacobs Field in Cleveland) and will now be known as the IU Jacobs School of Music. There was a lot of fanfare, balloons, t-shirts, a big event and press conference. Here is the announcement from the School of Music.
This is the largest gift to a public school of music; a couple of weeks ago, Yale received $100 million from an anonymous donor, and now all of their students will attend tuition-free! I don't think they're going to start that here, unfortunately.
Chuck's first youth orchestra concert in Columbus is this Sunday! I can't go because I have a concert of my own, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. There will be another Christmas concert the first week of December as well.

No comments: