Monday, October 03, 2005

Welcome friends and family!

Hello and welcome to the new Latshaw blog. I figured that this might be a fun way to do those updates I used to send all the time on email. This should make it easier to see photos and do other fun things!

We enjoyed seeing June and George this weekend. Chuck had a very successful concert on Sunday, featuring Daniela Candillari playing Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue." I played flute for the concert. We should have some DVDs and/or CDs ready soon if you would like one.

Lenny's Halloween costume is here! The Force is strong with our dog!

We have heard a little bit about Lenny's allergies. The test results came back. A few things were elevated, but the vet had expected a much stronger response. She sent the results to a doggie dermatologist(!) and we are waiting to hear back from them.

I have been running a little bit again. There is a 5K coming up in a few weeks in Bloomington, and the School of Music has a team for it. (My boss is the team captain!) I'm not sure I'll be able to run the whole distance, but I'm "training" with that as a goal. The finish line is the end zone on the football field!

I have a couple of other projects going too. I'm making a skirt for my friend, and I plan on making my OWN Halloween costume. All of the ladies in my office are dressing up like Disney princesses for the day...I have been assigned "Sleeping Beauty." I'm also playing in several things at IU. In two weeks I am playing Beethoven 6 in another ad hoc with Chuck's colleague Bob conducting. Chuck is conducting a couple of composers' recitals, and I am playing on those as well.

I hope that this blog will be a fun thing that I can keep going. Please send comments and feedback if you'd like! We love hearing back from everyone while we are alone out here in the Land of Limestone. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Latshaw blog site.This is a good way and easy way to keep us all updated on the Latshaw fun. However, that dog costume is cruel. Leave your poor dog alone. Let him have some dignity. I am considering calling the ASPCA.